Hoover Reservoir and Park Westerville Ohio
Hoover Reservoir is a large reservoir located in Westerville, Ohio, just a few miles northeast of Columbus. The reservoir was created in the early 1950s as part of a flood control project and is now a popular spot for fishing, boating, and other outdoor activities. Here are some more details about Hoover Reservoir and the surrounding park:
Hoover Reservoir covers over 2,800 acres and has over 10 miles of shoreline. The surrounding Hoover Reservoir Park covers an additional 4,700 acres and includes picnic areas, hiking trails, and other recreational amenities.
Hoover Reservoir is a popular spot for fishing and is home to a variety of fish species, including largemouth bass, crappie, and bluegill. The reservoir is regularly stocked with fish by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) and fishing permits are required.
Hoover Reservoir is also a popular spot for boating and offers several boat ramps and launch areas. The reservoir is open to motorized boats, as well as non-motorized boats like kayaks and canoes. Not all parking lots contain a boat launch area so be sure look on maps for a “hoover reservoir boat launch” and 5 locations will pop up, three to the north and two to the south.
The Brent Hambrick Memorial Disc Golf Course is located within Hoover Reservoir Park and is a popular destination for disc golf enthusiasts. The course includes 18 holes near the dam, through the woods, and more, with the course being known for its challenging terrain.
Hoover Reservoir Park includes several hiking trails that offer scenic views of the reservoir and surrounding landscape. The park’s trails range from easy to challenging and offer something for hikers of all skill levels.
Overall, Hoover Reservoir and the surrounding park offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreational opportunities for visitors. Whether you’re looking to go fishing, boating, hiking, or disc golfing, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at Hoover Reservoir.
Exploring the Best of Westerville Near Hoover
- Uptown Westerville: This historic district in downtown Westerville features a variety of shops, restaurants, and a “pop-up” Fourth Friday festival on the 4th Friday from May thru October.
- Inniswood Metro Gardens: This park in nearby Westerville, Ohio, features beautiful gardens and walking trails.
- Easton Town Center: This upscale shopping and dining destination is located about 10 miles south of Hoover Reservoir and offers a variety of high-end retail stores and restaurants.
- Polaris Fashion Place: This indoor shopping mall is located about 7 miles west of Hoover Reservoir and features a variety of popular retail stores and dining options.
- Westerville Community Center: This nearby community center features an indoor pool, fitness center, and other recreational amenities.
- Otterbein University: This private university is located in downtown Westerville and features a variety of cultural and educational programs and events.
- Hoover Dam Park: This nearby park features a variety of recreational amenities, including playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
Overall, there are plenty of places to visit near Hoover Reservoir to help visitors make the most of their time while in the area.
Westerville City Hall
The nearest government office to Hoover Reservoir is Westerville City Hall. Located just a few miles south of Hoover Reservoir, the Westerville City Hall is the central hub for all city government activities in Westerville.
Here, visitors can access a variety of government services, including paying utility bills, obtaining permits, and registering to vote. City Hall also houses various departments, such as the Department of Public Service and the Department of Community Development, which oversee important public services, including road maintenance, trash and recycling collection, and community planning and development.
Hoover Reservoir Visitor summary
- Hoover Reservoir is a popular destination for fishing and boating, with a variety of fish species to catch, including bass, bluegill, and crappie. If you plan to fish or boat on the reservoir, make sure to obtain the appropriate licenses and permits before your visit.
- Hoover Reservoir Park offers a variety of recreational activities, including hiking, picnicking, and nature watching. The park features several miles of hiking trails, including the Hoover Scenic Trail, which offers beautiful views of the reservoir.
- Brent Hambrick Memorial Disc Golf Course is a popular destination for disc golf enthusiasts, featuring 18 challenging holes through scenic wooded areas. The course is free to play and open year-round, but can be crowded on weekends and during peak season.
- To make the most of your visit, consider bringing snacks and water, as well as comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Additionally, be sure to follow all posted rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all visitors.
- Finally, if you’re interested in exploring the area further, consider visiting nearby attractions, such as the Inniswood Metro Gardens or the Westerville Community Center, or checking out the many shops and restaurants in downtown Westerville.
Hoover Reservoir is a great place to take a relaxing day fishing or out with friends on a boat. Maybe you’ve had some financial questions on your mind lately and a few hours on the boat helps you get clarity. If you need financial advisors Westerville OH to give you a second set of eyes to ensure your financial future is secure as you approach retirement, give us a call and we’ll answer any questions that can prepare your family and your financial future.
OFFICE TIME SCHEDULE
Monday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm